We've got something festive and sparkly just in time for your Fourth of July. Katrina of Ma Joie Press put together this great DIY. These make great party favors and decorations. Katrina added some to a bouquet of flowers for a holiday centerpiece, and it's adorable. Have a fun, safe and crafty Fourth!
1. What you need: 4.25" cardstock or scrapbook patterned paper squares, flat
tacks, chopsticks, scissors, hot glue gun, hole punch, paint brush,
glitter, and Elmer's glue.
If you love the paper design in the photos, Katrina was kind enough to share! Here is a letter-size PDF for easy printing. Print one side, then turn it
over and print the back.
2. Cut from each corner to about two-thirds to the center of the square.
3. Put a dot of hot glue in the center of the square, and fold a point to
the center. Continue dotting the glue and folding until you have a
4. Use your hole punch to make a hole in the center of the pinwheel, right through the dried hot glue.
5. Paint the edges of the pinwheel with Elmer's glue. Add glitter.
6. After the glue is dry, use a tack to secure the pinwheel to a
chopstick. Careful not to push it in too tightly or the pinwheel won't spin.