Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sponsor Spotlight: Oil and Cotton

Every year when the temperature starts to drop and the sun goes down way too early, I begin planning out what I am going to make my friends and family for holiday gifts. (Because handmade gifts are the best gifts!) Recently I've been clamoring to learn a new crafty skill and surprise everyone with something a little out-of-the-norm from what I usually send.

If you're feeling the same way, I would highly recommend checking out the classes offered at local studio Oil and Cotton, located in Oak Cliff. They are passionate about resourcefulness, doing things the old-fashioned way, and community involvement... the studio actually began as part of the Better Block Project and had such an overwhelming response that owners Shannon and Kayli decided to make it a permanent fixture.




Here is a highlight of some of the holiday workshops offered at Oil and Cotton:




In addition they offer several ongoing classes:

As well as art classes for kids, teens and adults.




So go on, get crafty!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails