Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cooking with Etsy Dallas: Eat Your Veggies!

All this fresh summer produce has me getting crazy for veggies lately. I picked up some great fresh veggies at the local farmer's market. I ate tons of them raw and was ready for another way to eat them before they went bad.

So, I cut broccoli, mushrooms, red peppers and carrots into similar size pieces and added whole snow peas and the mixture below:


1 part olive oil
3 parts balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper

I used a large bowl to mix it all together and coat all the veggies. Pop them onto a baking sheet and into the oven at 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes. Check them after 30 minutes to see if they are done enough. If not give them a few more minutes.

These are delicious as a side dish with a meal, cold as a snack, and if you chop the pieces a little smaller they work great in an omelette. Yum!

posted by Alicia Colina-Ashby / LaAlicia

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails