Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Some Time Summertime


Hey there. I’m Miranda and this is my first Etsy Dallas Blog post. Hooray! My shop, Emm8Apparel, sells contemporary clothing that takes classic silhouettes and adds a little rock and roll. 

I built a playlist around the theme of running away and I listen to it in the studio. It keeps me totally pumped, inspired and focused on what I’m creating.


  
The theme of my summer collection is Running Away. I was really captured by a song on My Chemical Romance’s Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys called Summertime. It’s about two people running away from brutal enemies in a post-apocalyptic California. Or more generally, and for my own purposes, it’s about two people leaving their problems behind in search of a better life elsewhere.

Here's my playlist:

My Chemical Romance- Summertime
Arcade Fire- Keep the Car Running
Something Corporate- Woke Up In A Car
Sarah Jaffe- Clementine
Milo Green- 1957
The Killers- Runaway
Passion Pit- Take a Walk
Frank Sinatra- Come Fly With Me

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails